Acoustic Camera (Hextile)
The next generation for Norsonic’s acoustic camera’s has arrived, specifically designed for even higher performance in the lower frequencies.
Acoustic camera with outstanding performance!
- 1 array with 128 Microphones, or combined 3 arrays with 384 microphones (!)
- Real-time virtual microphone
- Digital microphones, no extra acquisition unit needed
- Intuitive software
- Plug and play within 5 minutes
The Norsonic Nor848B, Hextile, sets a new standard for acoustical cameras. A large number of microphones eliminates the problems of ghost-spots, compared to traditional acoustical cameras where the relatively low number of microphones increases the side lobe effect, resulting in the so-called ghost-spot effect. You measure a non-existing source. The Nor848B software is extremely intuitive and there is continuously being improved, algorithms added etc, mostly from customer feedback.
The system enables the user to perform noise analysis with a clear view of the spatial distribution of the sound in real time! The system is easy to set up in the field. Just power the self-contained unit from mains or battery and connect the LAN cable to the computer. The system is ready to measure in just a few minutes after entering the site.
- Robust camera front-end based on a circular carbon fiber disc, three sizes available:
– 128 microphones 0.4-meter single array
– 384 microphones with 3 combined arrays, especially for lower frequency analysis
- No interface box between array and laptop, direct connection with LAN cable
- Listen to and analyze real-time audio from virtual microphone position
- Virtual microphone enables you to listen to the sound contribution from any source real-time, filtered with your selected frequency range
- Microphones on a disc prevent sound and echo from behind
- Low self-noise and large measurement range
- RPM option for analyzing rotating machines.
- A high-performance optical video camera is included in the camera front-end unit
- The distribution of the high number of microphones ensures high resolving power and reduces the problems due to side lobe effects compared to most other acoustic cameras
- Digital microphones ensure large dynamic range and high stability
- Simple connection to the included MacBook Pro computer through a single LAN-cable.
- All parts are integrated into the camera frontend – no need for a signal processing interface box
- Operated on mains or DC input
- Records the signal from every microphone